Looking for a tutorial that fits your particular skill level? Looking to push your skills to the next level? This index lists all the site’s tutorials by skill level rather than subject or budget. Find a new skill to learn or try something out that you’re a little familiar with. Let’s make things together!
Any tutorials which are more informational articles aren’t included on this list. You can find them on the main Tutorials Index page instead.
Looking for my panel presentations? You can find them here: Panel Presentations
Looking to get started with a new skill? Check out the intro tutorials
Sewing Machine 101
- Hand and foot positions for your sewing machine
- Start sewing with the straight stitch
- Mastering your sewing machine
- How to read the pattern envelope
- Interpreting fabric requirements on a pattern envelope
- How to use the pattern piece guide in pattern instructions
Tutorials that require little to no prior skills. These articles often will teach you the skills and techniques necessary to complete a project
- Adding gradients to tassels with alcohol markers
- Dyeing plastic ornaments with food coloring
- Make your own tassels!
- Resin-free glitter gems
- Beaded garlands for jewelry
- Large stiff hairbows
- Modifying plastic festival masks
- Plastic tubing for jewelry and accessories
- Segmented Worbla finger armor attached to gloves
- Floating straps that move with you instead of trapping you
- Scalloped trim out of satin ribbon
- Sewing bead chains to fabric
- Turning long tubes of fabric right-side out the easy way
- Hotfixing rhinestones to fabric
- Making your own fabric spraypaint with acrylic paint
- Scribbling with Shiva Paintstiks
- Stenciling with Shiva Paintstiks
Late Beginner / Early Intermediate
Tutorials that need just a little bit of skills but are still approachable for beginners
- Basic shoe covers for flat shoes
- Fabric-covered Chinese topknot ornament
- Wrap-around ear cuffs with Worbla
- Adding stripes to a lined sailor collar
- Cutouts in stretchy shirts with privacy panels!
- Decorative cutouts with Ryne
Tutorials that require some skill to complete. These articles may not cover the basics but teach more intermediate techniques instead.
Pattern Making & Tailoring
- Braided rope backpack straps
- Colorful rainbow and gradient skirts
- Fluffy idol petticoat on a budget
- Puffiest of stand up collars with Master Kohga
- Stripes and details with satin ribbon
Tutorials that require both basic and intermediate skills to do. These articles do not cover the basics but will go into advanced techniques required to complete the project.